You are here
Exhumed - Live from Rooty Hill
Not for would-bes. Not for has-beens. This is for never-were’s.
Exhumed is a band competition for unsigned, unrecorded, unrepresented, undiscovered, uncharted, unknown, pretty much unwanted bands run by ABC Radio. There were 240 entries in ten days from one afternoon radio program. Every style was represented. Acapella groups, ukulele bands, thrash punk, guys sending dance mixes back and forth between Sydney and Melbourne.
Exhumed rapidly became a competition for those who are passionate about their music. During the day they work as tradesmen, teachers, professionals or around the house. On this one night at the Exhumed Grand Final, these ten bands played the biggest gig of their life.
Seven hundred people filled Rooty Hill RSL and out came a folk group, a Glam band, a group that thought they were the Velvet Underground. It was legendary.
This is the CD of the first Exhumed Grand Final. It’s a piece of history because it’s certainly not going to be the last.
1. Touch - Cloud 9
2. Alicia - Cloud 9
3. Tainted Love - The Daisy Ukes
4. Oceans - The Daisy Ukes
5. Humdinger - Runaway Cabbage
6. Highway 31 - Runaway Cabbage
7. Feelin' Good - The Sus
8. Rock Steady - The Sus
9. Pump It Up - The Concubines
10. Waiting For The Man - The Concubines
11. Loser - Rocket To Nowhere
12. Marseilles - Rocket To Nowhere
13. Intuition - Redundant Technology
14. Falling - Redundant Technology
15. Devil Gate Drive / Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting - Wham Bam Glam
16. Do You Wanna Touch Me? / Suffragette City - Wham Bam Glam
17. Cold Wind rising - Dani Karis and Park Folk
18. Sword, Crown and Creed - Dani Karis and Park Folk
19. Believer - Gunk
20. Scar - Gunk
27 August 2012