More albums you may like
It's the morning radio segment that leaves Australian opera-lovers spluttering over their cereal – Emma Ayres' hilarious Tears on Toast, where the popular Classic FM breakfast presenter 'explains' exactly what the onstage antics of stratospheric sopranos and tight-trousered tenors are all about!
Now for the first time, ABC Classics has collected some of the highlights from Ivan Lloyd's inspired programming for the ABC radio segment, in a CD that will keep the breakfast pleasure going all day long. Featuring stellar performances from singing superstars, and with Emma's uniquely eccentric liner notes, this is opera at its most offbeat.
Featuring Joan Sutherland, Cheryl Barker, Emma Matthews, Danielle de Niese, Cecilia Bartoli, Anna Netrebko, Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo, Bryn Terfel and other opera greats.
- VERDI Va, pensiero (Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves) from Nabucco
- DVORÁK Song to the Moon from Rusalka
- DONIZETTI T'amo qual dama un angelo (Angel in woman's form, I love you) from Lucrezia Borgia
- PUCCINI Un bel dì (One fine day) from Madama Butterfly
- VERDI Parmi veder le lagrime (I can almost see her tears) from Rigoletto
- GOUNOD Jewel Song from Faust
- DELIBES Flower Duet from Lakmé
- PONCHIELLI Dance of the Hours from La Gioconda
- BERNSTEIN Glitter and Be Gay from Candide
- MOZART Là ci darem la mano (There we shall take each other's hand) from Don Giovanni
- HANDEL Lascia, ch'io pianga (Let me weep) from Rinaldo
- PUCCINI Non piangere, Liù…Ah! per l'ultima volta (Do not weep, Liù…Ah, for the last time) from Turandot
- PUCCINI E anche tu lo vorrai…Le tue parole sono di Dio (And you want to, too?...Your words come from God) from The Girl of the Golden West
- VIVALDI Veni, veni me sequere fida (Come, follow me, my faithful servant) from Juditha Triumphans
- RODGERS Some Enchanted Evening from South Pacific
Catalogue Number: 480 3451